Family & Divorce Lawyer
An Attorney Who Gets To Know You & Understands Your Concerns
Family law matters are intensely personal; we get that. At the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan, P.C. we take the time to get to know you and understand your concerns. That way we can be sure that the advice and representation we offer are responsive to your needs. Just as every person is unique, every marriage and every divorce should be approached from an individual perspective that recognizes and appreciates the unique family dynamic and the distinctive issues that must be resolved. Our office excels when it comes to listening to clients and helping them get the results they need. Call our experienced Long Island family & divorce lawyer today.
Get The Representation That Is Right For You
In the best situations, we help divorcing couples or parents work together to fashion an outcome that meets both their needs and the needs of their children. When that approach isn’t possible or preferable, you can count on our team to provide able and effective representation in court. Whether settling matters at the negotiating table or fighting in court, you’ll benefit from strong representation based on personal, one-on-one communication so that you know your needs are being met.
Our firm’s founder and principal attorney has been focused on family law since clerking at a prestigious New York matrimonial law firm while still in law school at Hofstra University, and he has been practicing family law as a licensed New York attorney since 2004. From large law firms to his own boutique private practice, Joshua Adam Kittenplan has devoted his career to helping individuals and families in Long Island with their most pressing family law needs. We welcome the opportunity to get to know you and help you as well.
Comprehensive Long Island Family Law Practice Serving Commack & Beyond
No matter what your family law needs, the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan has the knowledge, skills and abilities you need for efficient and effective representation. Call our office for help with any of the following needs, among others:
- Divorce – You can rely on our experienced law firm to provide knowledgeable advice and effective representation to make sure your interests are respected and reflected in the outcome of your divorce, including vital areas such as property division, child custody, child support, and alimony (maintenance). We take the time to listen to you, understand your concerns, and make sure your needs are addressed.
- Same-Sex Marriage – As a long-time supporter of the LGBT community in Long Island, the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan is sensitive to the many special issues that same-sex couples face when it comes to marriage, divorce, domestic partnerships, custody, adoption, and other family law matters.
- Pre & Postnuptial Agreements – Our office provides skilled assistance in negotiating, drafting and reviewing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to put your marriage on a firm foundation and make sure you are protected and taken care of in case of divorce or other significant family events. Our skilled litigator is likewise available for challenging or defending the validity and enforceability of prenups and postnups when and if they come into play.
- Adoption – Helping families grow is one of the most fulfilling and satisfying aspects of a family law practice. Adoptions can be complicated and affect the rights of many parties. We’ll guide you and represent you to help the process conclude smoothly and successfully.
- Orders of Protection – When you need to file an order of protection, the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan can help you appeal to the court for swift and effective action. An order of protection is a powerful tool to keep you safe, and it can play a powerful role in a divorce or child custody dispute. If you are seeking help or fighting against an unjust order, our office is here for you with sound advice and strong representation.
- Mediation – Mediation is an alternative to litigation that can help you get a result that meets your needs, reflects your actual interests, and will be more willingly implemented without the need to go to court for enforcement. Mediation can be faster and less expensive than litigation, with a more desirable result. We encourage mediation in appropriate cases and are by your side protecting your rights and interests before and during mediation.
- Enforcement of Court Orders – Parties don’t always willingly comply with court orders regarding custody or support. Don’t take matters into your own hands or withhold custody when your ex isn’t complying; you’ll only make matters worse and hurt your own rights. Instead, let our dedicated family law attorney advise you and take appropriate legal action to make sure you are getting the benefit of court orders for you and your family.
- Parental Relocation – Custodial parents sometimes have the need or desire to relocate with their kids, whether for school, work, to be closer to family, or simply to make a new start. Relocations need the permission of the court, especially if the move is challenged by the non-custodial parent. We know the factors the courts analyze in move-away cases and represent parents seeking or opposing relocations.
- Paternity – Establishing paternity is essential to settle legal rights and responsibilities regarding child custody, visitation and child support, and it can have profound impacts on a child’s life in many consequential ways. We represent mothers, fathers, children and other interested parties in paternity proceedings and related matters in New York divorce and child custody cases.
- Appeals – Joshua Adam Kittenplan has extensive appellate experience, including preparing written briefs and oral arguments, and his cases have resulted in several published decisions in New York. We are happy to advise you on whether to appeal a decision in your family law case, and we represent both petitioners and respondents in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, First and Second Departments.
Contact The Law Office Of Joshua Adam Kittenplan, P.C. Today
Centrally located in Commack, the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan, P.C. serves clients throughout the Towns of Smithtown, Huntington, Brookhaven, Babylon and across Long Island. We offer a free consultation so we can have the chance to get to know you and let you know how we can help. Our Long Island family & divorce lawyer is eager to meet with you, work with you, and help you reach your goals, so call us today at 631-499-0606 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.